Tuesday 20 December 2011

Facebook Timeline cover piccie

Photobucket
click on the image to see the full size...
For this tut I am using the fantastic artwork of Steve Baier
 you can purchase his tubes from upyourart.com
scraps used were by me, Snow is falling here, and christmas word art here
both are on sale right now...

hiya everyone,  Im loving the new timeline layout on facebook
and after seeing my cover photo I have had a few people ask me how I made it...
and a few ask me to make them one, so I thought i would do a tutorial on it....

open up a new canvas  around 850 x 315 pixles..it needs to be pretty big or it seems to distort...

open paper 13 from my snow is falling kit, or a paper of your choice...
now for neatness make sure the paper join is behind the tube so you do not see the join...
copy and paste the christmas tree corner from my snow is falling kit, 
arrange to the top left corner
 add a drop shadow

add tube to the right side , add a drop shadow



open up the WA ' happy new year' and select the word HAPPY
with your selection tool set to rectangle, make a selection around the word
then cut and paste it as a new layer onto your canvas -  add a shadow
add word art 'christmas' with the cluster overlay

add snow sparklies from my snow is falling kit -
and arrange to the left over the christmas tree corner

duplicate and again move to the left side and arrange to your liking

add your copyright

add some text to personalise it to you..
I used Dr Carbfred font for the one above set to size 48

here are a couple more examples
Photobucket

Photobucket 

I hope you found this tutorial helpful xx

1 comment:

  1. I dunno about your page but I got much better results with 850 by 313.
    Just thought I'd share...

    THANKS for the TUT though!
    GREAT JOB! I'm enjoyin makin my own!

    ReplyDelete